Accounts Payable Administrator
Location: 5915 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1T1, Canada
Dexterra, is a dedicated, integrated services company that provides quality integrated facilities management, workforce accommodations and forestry services for our clients across Canada in the natural resources, aviation, defence, retail, commercial and healthcare sectors.
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
Because, service matters!
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Payable Administrator to be responsible for processing invoices received for payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. The role ensures supplier invoices are processed on time to prevent disruption of operations and fulfills administrative tasks associated with this function. This role requires excellent customer service, communication and problem-solving skills.
Things You Are Great At:
- Codes, inputs and verifies invoices against purchase orders.
- Prioritizes invoices according to payment terms and impact of untimely payments.
- Performs reconciliations to vendor statements and keeps in close contact with vendors on any invoice or supplier statement discrepancies.
- Assist operations teams with financial system queries related to accounts payable.
- Follows up with vendors and company operations teams on outstanding issues to be resolved.
- Maintain files and documentation in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist in sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Works with fellow team members to ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Responds to requests for information and clarification pertaining to accounts payable within the organization.
- Assist with audit-related requests.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies for Success:
- Strong attention to detail
- Results orientated
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Embraces change and acts as a change agent
- Highly responsive
- Bilingual – French/English is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of Canadian sales tax
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Experience with Netsuite or similar accounting software is highly desired
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
Dexterra is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with Dexterra!