Accounts Receivable Administrator
Location: Mississauga, ON
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Receivable & Invoicing Administrator, responsible for processing customer payments received to the appropriate accounts.
The role ensures customer invoices are processed on time to prevent disruption of operations and fulfills administrative tasks directly/indirectly associated with this function.
This role requires excellent customer service, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Accurate preparation and processing of client invoices in accordance with company procedures, customer requirements and terms and conditions of the contract
- Provide support to and interact with operations teams to resolve customer invoicing enquiries
- Ensuring customer information is up to date
- Process invoicing adjustments
- Accurately process customer payments against the correct invoice and account.
- Ensures accuracy of information used by the finance department for the month-end analysis.
- Keeps in close contact with customers on any invoice or customer statement discrepancies.
- Follows up with customers and company operations on issues that have to be resolved.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist the team in sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Works with fellow team members to ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Responds to requests for information and clarification pertaining to accounts receivable within the organization.
- Ensures senior corporate accountant is informed of important customer information that would have a significant impact on the accounts receivable system and the operation of the company as a whole.
- Assist with audit-related requests.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
What we’re looking for
- A Great Attitude!
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, documentation, research and resolution, and data analysis.
- Proactive, problem-solver.
- Highly organized with proven ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Working knowledge of GST/HST, QST and all PST.
- Proficiency with Computers: MS Office (Work, Excel).
- Experience with Netsuite/Oracle or similar financial management system.Professional level communication skills (written and verbal).
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Accounts Receivable/General Ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Bilingual (French/English)
Additional Role Information
As an employer of choice, we treat all of our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and encourage all applicants to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.