Business Financial Lead
Location: 5915 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1T1
We’re looking for a Business Financial Lead to join the Finance & Accounting team at our corporate head office in Mississauga.
The Business Financial Lead drives management accounting for a business portfolio providing support, recommendations on financial analyses, operating efficiencies, budget/forecast preparation & consolidation and timely period reporting within the portfolio of a business operating division.
In addition to reviewing monthly financials, preparing monthly management reports with comparative analysis against forecasts and budgets, the Business Financial Lead also:
- Acts as liaison with the sites in preparation of budgets, forecast reports and revisions on a project by project basis in conjunction with the individual sites.
- Is a decision-maker on issues within the portfolio including identifying significant variance drivers, forecasting, planning for operational units, capital projects and funds within selected portfolio in accordance with DOA and prioritize projects.
- Support CFO and applicable Business lead(s) by driving the month end close activities.
- Ensure adequate financial records and audit support binders are maintained within business portfolio; review balance sheet reconciliations and ensure that reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner.
- Prepare and consolidate budget, forecasts and business plans for review in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly divisional financial statements with comparison analysis against forecasts and budgets.
- Perform analysis on the monthly financial results, identifying and reconciling variances compared to budgets and forecasts and ‘deep dive’ analysis of costs where required.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for external stakeholders.
- Calculate annual escalation increases, in line with the contract terms
- Own the weekly cash flow forecasts for their business, including monitoring accounts receivable balances on an on-going basis and liaising with operational colleagues to ensure payment.
- Support business partners to achieve financial objectives.
- Review individual project financials and cash performance against budgets and forecasts. Highlight risks and opportunities and make recommendations for action.
- Support finance projects e.g. process improvement, management reporting enhancements.
- Develop deep knowledge of ERP systems to support and train business partners.
- Leverage system knowledge to drive process / reporting efficiency improvements.
- Assist with the preparation of information for the annual audit and draft the statutory financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with internal/external audits and internal control requirements.
- Complete ad hoc projects for the CFO or assigned Business Leader.
What we’re looking for,
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting – MBA preferred.
- CPA/CMA accounting designation (completed).
- 4-6 years of proven, related management financial accounting.
- Computer proficiency with strong background with ERP/Accounting systems – Netsuite preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent professional-level communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels (site to senior management).
Strong Asset: Bilingual (English/French)
As an employer of choice, we treat all of our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and encourage all applicants to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with Dexterra!