Location: 25 Morton Shulman Ave, North York, ON M3M 1K3
We’re looking for a motivated, quality-driven Cleaner to join out team at the Forensic Services and Coroner’s Complex (FSCC) in North York!
Reporting directly to the Supervisor of Support Services, the Cleaner will perform the assigned cleaning duties throughout the building and will be responsible to provide a clean, safe and pleasant environment for the client, visitor and staff as per the company standards.
Schedule: Wednesday to Sunday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Keep all areas of the building including all washrooms, clean and tidy. This includes removal of regular waste, washing, dusting, polishing, vacuum cleaning and sweeping as appropriate.
- Abide by established cleaning procedures.
- Operate various cleaning equipment’s, auto scrubber, floor buffer, carpet extractor, vacuum and other machines.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment/materials are maintained in a safe, clean and efficient working condition.
- Organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Understand and follow directions and work within a team environment.
- Identify and report hazards in the workplace.
- Be flexible with changes in the work assignments.
- Participate in educational programs and in-service trainings.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Be available in short notice for shift coverage, overtime and being on-call if necessary.
- Complete assigned tasks in a professional and workmanlike manner and close the work orders within time frame given in response time policy.
- Communicate the work status with the client groups via central call center within the time frame given in response time policy.
- Adheres to the Occupational Health & Safety Act and related legislation.
- Represent the department with a positive and professional attitude.
- Perform other related duties as required and as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
What we’re looking for,
- A Great Attitude!
- A good communicator with interpersonal skills
- At least One (1) year experience institutional cleaning.
- Able to work a consistent schedule of 8:00am to 4:00pm, Wednesday to Sunday.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work on own.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to read and write.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS).
- Knowledge of CMMS is an asset.
- A clear criminal background check is required for this role.
As an employer of choice, we treat all of our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and encourage all applicants to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.