We’re looking for an experienced Supervisor to join our Facilities Services team onsite at Cape Breton University (CBU) in Sydney NS.
This Supervisor position requires a minimum of 2 years professional cleaning experience and proven supervisory experience and typically works, 4:00pm to 12:00am Monday to Friday.
The Supervisor supervises and inspects the work of unionized building cleaning staff who perform building service and related work for the upkeep of a safe, clean and healthy living and working environment.
- Supervise, instruct, plan, coach, disciple and assign work to building cleaning staff.
- Inspect rooms, apartments, corridors, service rooms or halls, stairs, public lavatories, classrooms, common areas and vending areas for cleanliness/order.
- Report accidents, incidents, damages, losses and supply shortages to manager.
- Receive any complaints and report to appropriate individuals for necessary action or adjustment.
- Prepare/maintain necessary records/accounts; payroll time cards, H&S & QA.
- Conduct continual Quality control inspection reports and follow-ups.
- Participate in assisting employees with their periodic heavy cleaning tasks and routine housekeeping duties, as required.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Oversee safe use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Participate in the Company H&S program, accident reporting and return to work program.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned & fill-in for Manager in the event of absence.
What we’re looking for,
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- 2+ years of professional cleaning experience.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, payroll technology).
- Good communication skills – Tact and resourcefulness in dealing with the public.
- Able to supervise and work with employees for whom English is a secondary language and those having special needs.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to assist employees with projects and equipment.
- Shortlisted candidates must complete a criminal background check.
Also nice to have,
- High school graduation or GED equivalent.
- Health & Safety training certificate.
- First Aid & CPR certificates.
- Ability to comprehend and follow a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Willing to wear and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Thorough knowledge of housekeeping procedures, cleaning materials and equipment.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and call outs.
As an employer of choice, we treat all of our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and encourage all applicants to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us and will contact only those selected for interview.