Finance Accounting Lead
Location: 5915 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
We work diligently behind the scenes to make our clients’ day-to-day operations succeed. Not because it’s what our clients want. But rather, what they need. Thousands of people count on them. And on us. For the seamless experiences to carry on with their day – to shop, study, catch a plane, recover in a hospital, work in town or far from home.
No other company delivers service, safety and quality like we do. Our expertise is matched only by our long-standing relationships. From the largest cities to the most remote corners, years of experience have taught us that relationships come above all else. It’s why we take the time to get to know our clients. To understand their customers and the complexities of their business. It’s how we provide innovative solutions that address their unique needs – going above and beyond.
Because, Service matters!
Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Accounting Lead is responsible for the accurate preparation of financial statements and reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, while ensuring that prudent and effective financial reporting management policies and procedures are in place.
Things You Are Great At:
- Preparation of timely financial statements, standard reports and ad hoc reports/analysis on request.
- Full responsibility for month-end, including preparation of monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and analysis of variances, and preparation of adjusting journal entries, ensuring compliance with internal financial/accounting policies and sound procedures.
- Document month-end procedures and other processes.
- Conduct a thorough analysis to validate the accuracy of statements and reports prior to distribution.
- Complete federal and provincial indirect tax filings.
- Prepare executive summaries and commentary for presentation to the Executive Team and Head Office.
- Ongoing maintenance of the ERP to facilitate corporate and operational reporting and accounting practices. Promote and leverage the systems efficiencies to:
- Eliminate redundancies, improve efficiency and ensure effective delivery of information to the business; and
- Anticipate and prevent problems or quickly resolve areas of concern.
- Support other finance staff with accounting and process assistance.
- Promote and enforce the integrity of the policies and practices implemented by ensuring compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accepted practices of internal control as governed by Canadian Sarbanes Oxley (CSOX).
- Authorization and set-up of new AP vendors within the accounting system.
- Assist with communication with vendors on outstanding invoices.
- Assist and support with any regulatory compliance audits.
- Fluent in English and French is a requirement
- Bachelor degree in finance/accounting
- CPA accounting designation
- Minimum 4-6 years of financial accounting experience
- Experience with indirect tax is considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in financial systems and the Microsoft Suite of products (Excel and PowerPoint) with exposure to the Great Plains ERP system and Netsuite considered an advantage
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels, with the ability to quickly gain the trust and confidence of others.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Well organized and excellent time management skills.
- Strong organizational and priority management skills, with the ability to adapt and respond to changing customer and business demands.
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
Dexterra is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with Dexterra!