Reporting to the Site Superintendent, and AWR Manager the principal duties of the HVAC Maintenance Technician is to implement and document an effective preventive maintenance program that maintains all systems in a good working condition at CFB Borden. This involves but is not limited to Chillers, Cooling Towers, RTU, AHU, Gas and air conditioning units, as well of commercial kitchen equipment, including filter changes, coil cleaning, replacing belts, pulleys, bearings, pump seals and associated assemblies, combustion test, balancing and adjusting. This position will also respond to reactive maintenance calls to this equipment.
- Planned preventative and reactive maintenance to Chillers and Cooling Towers, RTU, AHU, Gas and air conditioning units. Including, but not limited to, filter changes, coil cleaning, replacing belts, pulleys, bearings, pump seals and associated assemblies, combustion test, balancing and adjusting.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and works safety, TSSA. OPD card
- Conducts risk assessments and developed pre-work safety plans / job plans.
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- In partnership with the planner, orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner and communication with client, employees, vendors, contractors and fellow employees.
- Transport of tools and materials to work sites.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior maintenance technicians.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical and control drawings; knowledge of building automation system, life safety system, electrical systems and HVACR including Boiler, Chillers/cooling Towers, Pumps, Motors, Heat Exchanger, AHU. Commercial Kitchen equipment: Conveyer Dishwasher’s, Garburator’s systems, Convotherm, /Rational Ovens and Coolers etc.
- Must be organized and provide deliverables in support of project plans.
- Basic understanding of floor plans, work order system and security.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and against strict time constraints.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Current Refrigeration and Air Conditioning System’s Mechanic Certificate 313A
- Class G1 or G2 Gas Fitter Certificate, TSSA, and OPD
- Ammonia, and Commercial Kitchen Equipment experience an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Computer literate and familiar with MS word, excel and database
- CMMS and BAS experience
- Participates in educational programs and in-service trainings.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Provides verbal and written reports as requested.
- Completes assigned tasks in a professional and workmanlike manner.
- Completes assigned tasks and close the work orders within time frame given in response time policy.
- Communicate the work status with the client groups via central call center within the time frame given in response time policy.
- Adheres to the occupational health and safety acts and other legislative enactment.
- Represent the department with a positive and professional attitude.
- Maintain an industry level standard productivity level
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, balance crawl and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Reliability Status Requirement
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder. Working at Heights. Lifts, and roof tops.
- Job will require inside and outside working. Cold and Heat.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Is expected to be available for a certain amount of overtime and being on-call if necessary. Regular hours of operation 7.30 am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday
- Van for on site, Hand Tools, and testing instruments/equipment will be supplied
Dexterra is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.