At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
We work diligently behind the scenes to make our clients’ day-to-day operations succeed. Not because it’s what our clients want. But rather, what they need. Thousands of people count on them. And on us. For the seamless experiences to carry on with their day – to shop, study, catch a plane, recover in a hospital, work in town or far from home.
No other company delivers service, safety and quality like we do. Our expertise is matched only by our long-standing relationships. From the largest cities to the most remote corners, years of experience have taught us that relationships come above all else. It’s why we take the time to get to know our clients. To understand their customers and the complexities of their business. It’s how we provide innovative solutions that address their unique needs – going above and beyond.
Because, Service matters!
The QA/QC/Health & Safety/ Environmental Manager is responsible for quality assurance/ quality control and occupational health and safety. The Manager is the liaison for all internal and external audits ensuring compliance with all Scope of Work (SOW) operating procedures and Dexterra corporate policies and procedures. The manager will also develop the QA/QC and H&S management systems for the contract and providing training to the on-site team. The Manager will deliver the quality plan and facilitate and support the improvement of customer satisfaction for quality and safety.
Must be able to obtain a Level of reliability security to work on base.
Things You Are Great At:
- Support the Project/AWR manager to plan, control and supervise all maintenance work and operation of all activities
- Ensure that contractually agreed quality, audit, compliance obligations are met within the contract and delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
- Help Manage the day-to-day operations of staff and contractor repair and maintenance work
- Ensure quality work is being performed by staff and contractors
- Ensure all work on site is being carried out safely
- Oversee daily routine and preventive maintenance works are completed on time
- Ensure the efficient utilization of manpower, supplies, utilities, and equipment in a cost-effective manner
- Coordinate external contractors work for a variety of repairs and maintenance projects
- Can accurately estimate the labour, material and equipment required to complete maintenance and repair works
- Assists in organizing and maintaining technical information, regulatory compliance records, licensing and certifications to meet all federal, provincial and municipal building codes.
- Assists managing the maintenance management software (CMMS)
- Provides procedural directions and problem-solving guidance to staff
- Regularly monitor, report and communicate project progress
- Review quality/safety procedures to ensure that there is adequate control of the quality/safety elements and facilitate as necessary to progress and close out any issues
- Support the Site and Project Managers to ensure that the contract development embeds quality/safety behaviors, culture and performance.
- Create/Develop the supporting Quality/ Safety Toolkit for the contract, including assessment of areas of common failure to initiate and implement preventative and corrective action.
- Give timely and accurate information about relevant quality/safety, audit, and compliance related risks and issues and escalate when appropriate.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Valid Class 5 License & Clean Driver’s Abstract
- ISO Certification is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of SOW, statutory, legislative requirements.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- A minimum of 5 years thorough working knowledge of QA processes and procedures
- A minimum of 3 years thorough working knowledge of H&S processes and procedures
- An asset to have 5 years business experience and/or be a fully qualified professional with minimum of 2 years PQE with Intermediate Level Qualifications.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with commitment to excellence and high-quality work.
- Knowledge and experience with site safety procedures, including electrical safety standards.
- Familiarity with industry standard tools necessary to carry out QA and inspection work.
- Experience and knowledge of Facilities Management (FM) operations and compliance requirements
What We Are Looking For:
- Results & Quality Orientation
- Positive Attitude
- Personal Motivation
- Great Communicator; Oral and Written
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Team work & Collaboration
- Prioritizing, Planning & Organizing
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Highly Responsive
- Problem Solver
- Meticulous; Attention to Detail
Key Members Of Your Community
The QA/QC Manager will report directly to the Site Account Manager/Site Superintendent.
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
Dexterra is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with Dexterra!