Senior, Business Development Manager
Location: Metro Vancouver
Dexterra, is a dedicated, integrated services company that provides quality integrated facilities management, workforce accommodations and forestry services for our clients across Canada in the natural resources, aviation, defence, retail, commercial and healthcare sectors.
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
Because, service matters!
Ultimately, the Business Development Manager plays a key role in the generation, management, and conversion of a sustainable pipeline of multimillion-dollar contracts that reflect Dexterra’s strategic business plan and priorities. Based in Metro Vancouver, you will lead the pursuit of new prospects for integrated facilities management throughout Western Canada with a focus on BC. You will be calling on B2B in all targeted industry sectors, large enterprise, building owners, developers and specifically organizations with large real estate assets. Part of an inclusive and collaborative team, you will lead the implementations of our regional strategic business plan, and responsible for generating leads and providing sales and marketing support to operational team members.
Things You Are Great At:
- A true hunter, never happy with status quo, constantly looking for the next deal all the while nurturing lasting relationships that renders a high closing ratio.
- Meet or exceed goals and targets related to growth or maintenance of their assigned region, including profitability goals, targets and other agreed upon objectives.
- Conduct face to face visits, develop prospects and centers of influence regularly, spending over 80% of their time enhancing relationships.
- Network within targeted associations and industries gathering market intelligence and connections.
- Lead, in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders, the preparation of proposals and bids, following the process through until contract award.
- Analyze and negotiate customer pro forma to ensure profitability of the relationship.
- Produce winning strategies for target opportunities including innovative solutions to meet client’s requirements.
- Lead prepare and present yearly business development plans, external marketing materials and presentations.
- Effectively evaluate, lead and represent Dexterra at conferences, events and speaking opportunities.
- Collaborate with senior management and divisional leads to support market development plans and the pursuit of new business.
- Effectively document pipeline, market intelligence, strategies and progress in Dexterra’s CRM system.
- Prepare and provide detailed monthly pipeline deal reports.
- Establish and enhance Dexterra’s brand presence and profile in the market area.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key sources of new client referrals and industry associations such as Brokers, Valuators, Trade Association Members, Commercial Associations, and Real Estate Developers.
- Support Dexterra’s governance, protocols, and processes associated with business development.
Competencies for Success:
- Diversity of Thought – You freely share insights and innovative ideas.
- Accountability – With autonomy you exceed your personal best.
- Highly Responsive – You embrace a good challenge and change excites you.
- Empowerment – You are a trail blazer and love creating the path forward.
- Contacts within large enterprise, institutional, commercial real estate and landlord communities.
- Established conceptual and strategic selling methodologies; such as Miller Heiman & Challenger Sales.
- Recognized ability to provide creative solutions through exceptional listening and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to generate new business and meet growth targets thru strong networking and closing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, influencers and internal stakeholders.
- Highly adaptive, flexible, and proactive.
- Ability to win over a crowd through strong storytelling, presentation and speaking skills.
- Heightened organizational skills through tech savvy usage of Microsoft Office suite and CRM software.
- Enthusiastic personality and positive attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed in your role with minimal supervision.
- Over 7 years of related sales/business development experience.
- Graduate degree and/or a real estate designation would be an asset,such as LEED & WELL AP.
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate, facilities management and professional consulting firms.
Key Members of your Community:
Reporting: Director of Sales & Marketing | Western Canada and Northern Territories.
Team: Senior Leadership, District Managers, Facilities and Operational Managers, Marketing, Proposal and BDM’s.
All interested candidates for this position please apply through: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1601677863/
As an employer of choice, we treat all our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
Dexterra is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with Dexterra!