Location: Canadian Forces Base Kingston
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
We work diligently behind the scenes to make our clients’ day-to-day operations succeed. Not because it’s what our clients want. But rather, what they need. Thousands of people count on them. And on us. For the seamless experiences to carry on with their day – to shop, study, catch a plane, recover in a hospital, work in town or far from home.
No other company delivers service, safety and quality as we do. Our expertise is matched only by our long-standing relationships. From the largest cities to the most remote corners, years of experience have taught us that relationships come above all else. It’s why we take the time to get to know our clients. To understand their customers and the complexities of their business. It’s how we provide innovative solutions that address their unique needs – going above and beyond.
Because Service matters!
We are looking for a Superintendent to join Dexterra at the Canadian Forces Base Kingston; it’s a great place to work with a dedicated team to lead.
Our new colleague will provide administration and supervision of cleaning and maintenance services for the occupants of the buildings and adjacent grounds.
Things You Are Great At:
- Provides direction to supervisors and assesses and evaluates work performance.
- Consults with managers, building OPI’s, and supervisors to plan special work requirements and solve problems.
- Interviews and assesses the qualifications of employees.
- Produces reports and provides .input/recommendations to assist in the business planning process and to make operations and planning decisions.
- Exercises commitment and expenditure for cleaning supplies, maintenance materials,and equipment.
- Consults with facility users and building occupants prepares cost estimates regarding cleaning/labour costs for functions.
- Works with suppliers of cleaning and equipment regarding site requirements and provides recommended courses of action.
- Provides on-the-job training, including cleaning techniques, handling of equipment and supplies, and policies and procedures.
- Identifies cost saving work practices through changes to work routines, methods and other equipment and use of chemicals and materials and makes recommendations to management.
- Responds to building managers regarding special requests and requirements investigates the merit of complaints from OPI’s with supervisors and recommends a course of action for rectification.
- Ensures a safe/healthy workplace for the staff of the section by providing information on the topic of occupational health and safety.
- Post-Secondary education preferred
What We Are Looking For:
- A self-motivated leader with excellent relationship building/customer focus skills
- A qualified Health and Safety representative would be an asset
- Great computer skills
- Federal government security status (Reliability status/Secret clearance) would be an asset.
- Ability to achieve Reliability status is essential.
- Canadian Driving Licence required
Dexterra is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in these processes.