Supervisor, Security Services
Location: 25 Morton Shulman Ave, North York, ON M3M 1K3
We’re looking for a motivated, security services specialist to join out team at the Forensic Services and Coroner’s Complex (FSCC) in North York as the Supervisor, Security Services!
The Supervisor, Security Services is responsible for providing effective front line leadership and management of the Security Services department, operations and systems in a highly secure environment.
The Supervisor is accountable for service contractor compliance and contract security work force and ongoing facility inspections.
The key Security Services elements are: staff & visitor screening, patrol & surveillance services, escort duties, access control including issuing of cards and keys, responding to all emergency/non-emergency calls for service and incident reporting.
- Provide training, direction and guidance to the Security Services team.
- Ensure completion of all daily work and projects assigned to the security team.
- Perform and keep records of all monthly inspections of fire extinguishers, intercoms/duress buttons, First Aid kits and AEDs.
- Ensure all staff are following all departmental, Dexterra and client mandated policies and procedures.
- Deliver Health and Safety policy and standards.
- Review of all security related reports and provide constant updates to the Manager, Security Services.
- Manage/supervise security contractors/ suppliers while onsite performing work.
- Administration of Security software and hardware.
- Verification of Security Services invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Liaise with the facilities Contracted Security Client Service Manager with regards to scheduling and other contract deliverables.
- Provide a monthly Incidents & Activities report to the Manager, Security & Support Services.
- Maintain and revise Security Standard Operating Procedures to ensure they are all up to date.
- Administer and maintain the security access control and video management software.
- Maintain and conduct random audits of the security access control database and any associated records.
- Provide operational support to the Manager of Security Services and contribute to the performance of the Security, Parking and Emergency Management portfolios.
What we’re looking for,
- A Great Attitude!
- Valid Ontario Security Guard license.
- 5+ years Security related experience in a highly secure environment.
- 3+ years leadership/supervisory experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Municipal security-related legislation.
- Willing and able be on-call evenings, weekends as required.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proven team-building and ability to initiate and model positive change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of Security service contracts and negotiations with security suppliers/contractors.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office, security control systems (video, keybox, cards etc.).
- Finalist are required to provide a clear criminal background check.
Also nice to have,
- Post-secondary education in Criminal Justice, Security, Police Foundation or related field.
- Security Professional Designation (e.g. CPP, PSP).
As an employer of choice, we treat all of our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and encourage all applicants to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with Dexterra!