Our goal is zero work-related accidents, incidents and ill health. We assess health and safety risks at every stage and empower our employees to have the courage to identify and challenge unsafe acts or conditions. This practice has proven successful in raising issues and creating a culture of awareness, openness and accountability.
To ensure the safety of our employees, clients and the public, we strictly enforce the following rules:
- Work will not be conducted without a pre-job risk assessment and safety discussion appropriate for the level of risk
- All persons will be trained and competent in the work they conduct
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn as per risk assessment and minimum site requirements
- Emergency Response Plans are developed from a review of potential emergency scenarios, and will be in place before the commencement of work
- We will not walk by hazards; we will intervene in a positive manner
- We will report all hazards and incidents
- We will continuously assess hazards, take action and control them
- We will support health, safety and environmental practices at work, at home and in our communities
Health Like Safety program
We participate on advisory committees, stakeholder consultation opportunities and volunteering with charities that are working to improve health and safety in Canada. And, through our Health Like Safety program, we promote healthier lifestyles – helping our people better manage their well-being.