COVID-19 is having a profound impact on day-to-day business. Facility owners and managers face heightened demand to demonstrate to their customers, employees and other stakeholders that they are providing clean, healthy, sustainable and safe spaces.
How can you prepare your facility for coming phases of re-opening so that you are both contributing to the fight to stop the spread of infection and readying your business to serve your customers in the best way possible?
To help prepare your space for a successful return, follow three key steps:
- Identify high-traffic areas and frequent touchpoints in all areas of the facility
- Assess physical spaces and infrastructure to identify areas that could harbour pathogens
- Review all operational activities and services that occur in the work environment so that you understand their necessity and their risk of spreading infection
Once you have conducted your assessment, you will need to put a plan into action that mitigates the findings of your review process. These essential steps include:
- Starting up full facility disinfection and sanitization
- Reducing touch points and enhancing cleaning frequency
- Reviewing all facility management (FM) functions and conducting HVAC and mechanical checks
- Controlling access and developing protocols for safety and health checks at points of entry
Communication is also a critical consideration, with a need to talk to your employees and customers transparently, listen to their concerns, recognize anxiety and then work to respond regularly with the necessary steps that will create trust in those key groups.
What can Dexterra do for you?
We work with every client as a dedicated partner to conquer the challenges a facility faces in re-opening:
- Conducting Building Assessments – Our teams complete a thorough building assessment to identify problem areas
- Creating Custom Plans – We develop tailored facility plans to address issues identified, assign priorities and prepare steps for re-entry
- Partnering with You through the Re-Opening Period – We deploy trained teams in infection control to provide services during start-up and continuous operations while mitigating risks
In today’s environment, you need a dedicated, knowledgeable facilities management partner to help you succeed. Dexterra is ready to be your partner of choice to help you proactively plan for what the new workplace environment looks like.
Tell us how we can help at https://dexterra.com/contact/.